Download 330.7 Kb.
(A Government of India Undertaking)
Premises and Estate Section,
Circle Office, Trivandrum
TC No: 26/173(1), PB N: 159
M G Road, Trivandrum- 695 001.
Phone : 0471-2331340, Fax : 0471-2331355
ENVELOPE – 1
TENDER DOCUMENT - TECHNICAL CUM COMMERCIAL BID
INDEX OF TENDER DOCUMENT
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
CANARA BANK, Premises and Estate Section, Circle Office, Trivandrum invites sealed tender from CCTV vendors including empanelled vendors for the works mentioned below :
1. Name of the work: Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning, training and Maintenance of Closed Circuit
Television Systems ( CCTV ) for our 286 identified Branches as per list attached, as fully described in the tender document under Technical specification, Scope of Supply, etc and its related works.
2). EMD AMOUNT: Rs. 3000/- per branch (Rupees three thousand only per branch) in the form of Demand Draft of a scheduled bank drawn in favour of “Premises & Estate Section, Canara Bank, Trivandrum” payable at “Trivandrum” (in a separate sealed cover, super scribing “EMD for CCTV tender” and submitted along with Technical bid. Further a non refundable amount of Rs. 500/-in the form of separate Demand Draft towards the cost of tender form shall be enclosed along with EMD amount.
3). TIME OF COMPLETION :: 8 weeks from the date of Acceptance of the tender
4). CONTENTS OF THE TENDER :
1. (A) Notice Inviting tender.
(B) General rules & instructions for the guidance of tenderer
(C) General conditions of contract
(D) Safety Code
(E) Special Conditions of Contract
(F) Schedules " I, II, III & IV ".
(G) Unpriced format of price bid
THE ABOVE FORM THE FIRST ENVELOPE UNDER CAPTION "TECHNICAL AND COMMERCIAL BID"
2. PRICE BID – THE SECOND ENVELOPE.
5). Concept of tender :: The tender is "Two Envelope Concept"
First Envelope - 1 - Technical cum commercial bid
Second Envelope - 2 - Price bid
Both the bids should be submitted on the same date & time but in separate envelopes, sealed and super- scribed the details on the envelope.
6). SUBMISSION OF TENDER :: The original tender as issued should be submitted in the respective envelopes.
7). Date of Issue of Tender: 11.06.2013.
8). Date of submission: Sealed envelopes to be submitted on or before 19.06. 2013 upto 2 .00 PM
9).DATE OF OPENING:: Tender Technical & Commercial Bid will be opened on 21.06.2013 at 4.00 PM.
GENERAL RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE GUIDANCE OF TENDERER
Sealed Tenders are invited from pre-qualified vendors, on behalf of the Canara Bank, Premises Section Circle Office,Trivandrum hereinafter known as the Employer and also as Bank for Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning , Training and Maintenance Closed Circuit television System ( CCTV ) for identified Branches in our Circle as fully described in the tender document under Technical Specification, Scope of Supply.
1. Scope of work involves undertaking the Supply, Installation, testing, commissioning and training of the CCTV system of specified configuration and related works which are fully described in the technical specification. This also involves providing maintenance and management of the system on 24 x 7 basis.
2. Tender documents consisting of Notice inviting the tender, General rules and instructions for the guidance of the tenderers, Form of Tender, Form of agreement, General conditions of contract , Technical specifications –schedule I, II & III, scope of Annual maintenance contract, price bid with schedule of quantities of the various items of work to be done to be complied with by the tenderer/contractor/vendor whose tender may be accepted .
3. The tender is "TWO ENVELOPE CONCEPT" and it has to be submitted as such. It should be always be placed in sealed cover,with the name of the project written on the envelope mentioning "Technical and Commercial Bid" and "Price Bid" as the case may be and submitted in two different sealed envelopes simultaneously on the prescribed date and time as detailed below:
The sealed tenders will be received by: The Senior Manager, Premises and Estate Section, Circle Office, Trivandrum, TC No: 26/173(1), PB N: 159, M G Road, Trivandrum- 695 001.
Phone: 0471-2331340, Fax : 0471-2331355, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both the envelopes will be received on or before :19.06.2013 up to 2.00 PM
The Technical & Commercial bid will be opened in the said office on 21.06.2013 at 4.00 PM
The date for opening the price bid will be intimated subsequently only to such firms whose technical bids are found suitable. The TENDERER is requested to participate during the opening of the tender.
3.1. The two envelope are classified as,
(1). The Technical & Commercial Bid and
(2). The Price Bid.
3.2. The first envelope super scribed as " Technical & Commercial Bid " should be submitted in a sealed envelope containing all the following details:
i). All the contents of the tender documents ie. General rules and instructions for the guidance of the tenderers, Form of Tender, Form of agreement, General conditions of contract , Appendix I & II, safety code, Special conditions , Schedule I & II. Un-priced format of price bid , tender drawings if any & technical & commercial details of the proposed system equipment with its components & all related matters other than the Price bid with Bill of Quantity. This includes establishing the techno- economical advantages of the system offered ( terms of AMC are explained elsewhere in the document).
ii). EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT (EMD): The tender (i.e. in the envelope containing the Technical Bid) shall be accompanied by Earnest money of Rs. 3000/ per branch ( Rs.Three thousand only per Branch).
EMD IS TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH TECHNICAL & COMMERCIAL BID. SUBMISSION OF THE EMD IN THE PRICE BID ENVELOPE SHALL RENDER THE TENDER BEING REJECTED ON THE GROUNDS OF NON SUBMISSION OF THE EMD.
3.3. The Second envelope super scribed as "Price Bid" should be sealed and submitted on the same given date and time simultaneously along with technical & commercial bid. Non submission of the same along with technical and commercial bid shall automatically render the entire tender being rejected. This envelope should contain duly filled in Bill of quantities (enclosed in the tender document) with values written in words and figures, and as detailed elsewhere in the tender documents.
3.4 Tender shall be submitted on prescribed Form only which can be obtained from our office as detailed in Notice Inviting Tender and point 2 above.
4.0 The tenderer shall have to remit to Canara bank as Earnest Money deposit Rs. 3000/ per branch ( Rs.Three thousand only per Branch) for the above work by way of Demand Draft of a Scheduled/ Nationalised Bank issued in favour of "Premises & Estate section, Canara Bank, - payable at Trivandrum. No interest shall be allowed on the Earnest Money. Tenders without Earnest Money are liable for rejection.
5. The time allowed for carrying out of the work will be not exceeding the period specified in the NIT
i.e 8 (Eight) weeks from the date of Acceptance of the Tender.
6. The tenderers/vendors should quote in figures as well as in words the rate, and amount tendered by them. The amount for each item should be worked out and the requisite totals given. The rates quoted shall be all inclusive rates for the item of work described, including materials, labour, tools & plant, carriage & transport, supervision, overheads & profits, taxes, duties, mobilizing and other charges whatsoever including any anticipated or un-anticipated difficulties etc. complete for proper execution of the work as per drawings and specifications including maintaining the CCTV system during the defect liability period and no claim whatsoever for any extra payment shall be maintainable.
7. When a tenderer /contractor/vendor signs a tender in an Indian language the percentage above or below and the tendered amount and the total amount tendered should also be written in the same language. In the case of illiterate contractor/vendors the rates or the amounts tendered should be attested by a witness.
8. Issue of tender form / documents shall be stopped 1 (one) day before the date fixed for the opening of tenders.
10. The acceptance of a tender will rest with the Bank/ employer which does not bind itself to accept the lowest tender, and reserves to itself the authority to reject any or all of the tenders received without assigning any reason. All tenders in which any of the prescribed conditions are not fulfilled or are incomplete in any respect are liable to be rejected. THE BANK / EMPLOYER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT THE TENDER IN FULL OR IN PART AND THE TENDERER SHALL HAVE NO CLAIM FOR REVISION OF RATES/OTHER CONDITIONS IF HIS TENDER IS ACCEPTED IN PART.
11. Canvassing in connection with tenders is strictly prohibited and the tenders submitted by the contractor/vendors who resort to canvassing will be liable for rejection.
12. All rates shall be quoted on the proper form of the tender alone. Quoted rates and units different from prescribed in the tender schedule will be liable for rejection.
13. Rates :
13.1 Special care should be taken to write the rates in figures as well as in words and the amounts in figures only, in such a way that interpolation is not possible. The total amount should be written both in figures and in words. In case of figures, the words `Rs.' should be written before the figure of rupees and words `P' after the decimal figures, e.g. Rs.2.15 "P" and in case of words, the word `Rupees' should precede and the word `Paise' should be written at the end, unless the rate is in whole rupees and followed by the words `only' it should be invariably be up to two decimal places. While quoting the rate in Price Bid (schedule of quantities) the word `only' should be written closely following the amount and it should not be written in the next line.
However, if a discrepancy is found;
i). the rates which correspond with the amount worked out by the tenderer shall unless otherwise proved be taken as correct. (OR)
ii). if the amount of an item is not worked out by the tenderer or it does not correspond with the rates written either in figures or in words then the rate quoted by the tenderer in words shall be taken as correct. (OR)
iii). where the rates quoted by the tenderer in figures and in words tally but the amount is not worked out correctly, the rates quoted by the tenderer will unless otherwise prove be taken as correct and not the amount.
13.2 In the case of any errors or omissions in the quoted rates, and if the tender is issued in duplicate, the rates quoted in the tender marked "Original" shall be taken as correct rates.
13.3 All corrections such as cuttings, interpolations, omissions and over-writings shall be number as `c',`i',`o' and `ow' and initialed and total of such c, i, o and ow on each page certified at the end of the page with grand total at the end of the bill/schedule of quantities.
14. An item rate tender containing percentage below / above will be summarily rejected. However, where a tenderer voluntarily offers a rebate for payment within a stipulated period, this may be considered.
15. Sales tax, work contract tax, or any other tax , any royalties, duties, levies, cess, entry tax, Octroi, profession tax, Sales Tax, purchase tax, turnover tax, or any other tax on material or finished work in respect of this contract shall be payable by the tenderer and it should be included in the amount quoted. The Bank/ employer will not entertain any claim whatsoever in respect of the same, and nothing extra shall be paid/reimbursed for the same subsequently.
16. The contractor/vendor shall give a list of his relatives, if any, working with the Bank/ employer alongwith their designations and addresses.
17. No employee of the Bank/ employer is allowed to work as a contractor/vendor for a period of two years of his/her retirement from the employer services, without the previous permission of the employer. This contract is liable to be cancelled if either the contractor/vendor or any of his employees is found at any time to be such a person who had not obtained the permission of the employer as aforesaid before submission of the tender or engagement in the contractor/vendor's service.
18. The tender for the works shall remain open for acceptance for a period of 60 days from the date of opening of tenders. If any tenderer withdraws his tender before the said period or makes any modifications in the terms and conditions of the tender which are not acceptable to the Bank / Employer, then the Bank/Employer shall, without prejudice to any other right or remedy, be at liberty to forfeit full value of the Earnest money as aforesaid.
19. The tender for the work shall not be witnessed by a tenderer/ contractor/vendor who himself / themselves has / have tendered or who may and had/have tendered for the same work. Failure to observe this condition would render tenders of the contractor/vendors tendering as well as witnessing the tender liable to summary rejection.
20. It will be obligatory on the part of the tenderer to tender and sign the tendered documents for all the component parts and that, after the work is awarded, he / they will have to enter into an agreement for each component with the competent authority of the Employer.
21. The tenderer shall agree that until a formal agreement on stamp paper is prepared and signed, this tender shall constitute a binding contract between the tenderer and the Bank/ Employer.
22. The tenderer, apart from being a competent contractor/vendor must associate himself with agencies of appropriate class who are eligible to tender for other related works connected directly or indirectly with the contract and employed by the Bank/ Employer.
23. The Employer does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender and reserves to itself the right of accepting the whole or any part of the tender and the tenderer shall be bound to perform the same at the rate quoted.
24. Tenderer are advised to inspect and examine the site and its surroundings and satisfy themselves before submitting their tenders as to the nature of the site and dimensions, the means of access to the site, and obtain all necessary information’s as to risks, contingencies and other circumstances which may influence or affect their tender.
25. A tenderer shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the site whether he inspects it or not and no extra charges consequent on any misunderstanding or otherwise shall be allowed. Submission of a tender by a tenderer implies that he has read this notice and all other contract documents and has made himself aware of the scope and specifications of the work to be done and local conditions and other factors bearing on the execution of the work.
26. On acceptance of the tender, the name of the accredited representative(s) of the Tenderer/ contractor/vendor who would be responsible for taking instructions from the Bank / Employer shall be communicated to the Employer.
27. Method of Evaluation of tender: All the competitive tenders will be received on the specified date and time. On the same day or on specified date & time in event of any compelling circumstances, the tenders will opened in the presence of the available tenderers.
27.1 Both the envelope super-scribed as " Technical & Commercial Bid" and "Price Bid " will be simultaneously accepted, but the envelope super-scribed as "Technical & Commercial Bid " alone will be opened and details of EMD etc., shall be recorded, while the Price Bid shall be maintained in the safe custody of the Employer.
27.2 In the first stage, offers will be evaluated against the stipulated parameters and conditions of the Bank. Offers not complying with these will be rejected summarily. In the second stage, after the technical and commercial evaluation, if necessary after discussions with the tenderer, such of those tenderer found technically & commercially acceptable will be short listed and their envelope containing " Price Bid " shall be opened on a given date and time in presence of the short listed tenderers with prior notice to them. The tenderers are expected to attend the tender opening and their inability in participating will not in any way prevent the employer undertaking the opening of the bids.
27.3 During the course of technical evaluation if found necessary the Employer may seek supplementary price bids to bring the evaluation at par and any such price bids shall be prepared as stated in the tender and submitted in sealed envelopes superscribing "Supplementary Price Bid for the project of installation of CCTV system in Branches". Such supplementary price bid shall be opened simultaneously with the original price bid on the prescribed date and taken into consideration in its evaluation.
28. Voluntary submission of the supplementary price bid by the contractor/vendor / tenderer shall not be accepted and supplementary bids shall be limited to the details sought for by the Employer only. Any other un-related price variations furnished in supplementary price bids shall not be recognised and might be liable for rejections if undue information are furnished.
Note : For the purpose for calculation of Lowest Bidder ( l-1) the Total Amount quoted i.e total of A ( total coat of the items ) and B ( 4 years CAMC charge s) will be considered
29. Being a techno - economical project, besides the capital cost the AMC charges for 4 years will also be evaluated. Therefore, the tenderers / contractor/vendors shall furnish the AMC charges in the price bid for 4 years and terms of AMC shall be furnished in the technical & commercial bid clearly furnishing the details regarding the scope of AMC, details of spares, consumables & equipments covered and also details of exclusions.
30. In case of other un-successful tenderers, the sealed Price bid along with EMD shall be returned treating it individually. The Bank / Employer reserves the right to accept or reject any of the offers without assigning any reason and no dispute or negotiation will be entertained in this regard. The bank/ Employer's decision will be final in the matter.
31. The Notice inviting tender, general rules & instructions for the guidance of tenderers shall form a part of the contract document. The successful tenderer/contractor/vendor, on acceptance of his tender by the Accepting Authority, shall sign an agreement on stamp paper contract consisting of the following within 14 days from the date of acceptance of the tender:-
(a) Standard form of Agreement on stamp paper of requisite value.
(b) Notice inviting tender, all the documents including tender, drawings, if any, forming the tender as issued at the time of invitation of tender and acceptance thereof together with any correspondence leading thereto. General Conditions, Schedules leading to Technical Specification, Special Conditions, Technical Brochures in schedules submitted by the tenderer etc.,
(c) Price Bid / Schedule Bill of Quantities.
For & on behalf of the Employer.
Signature of the authorised representative / Accepting Authority.
Signature of the Tenderer with Name, Constitution & Seal.
II) T E N D E R - O F F E R
I/We have read and examined the Notice Inviting Tender. Schedules, Specifications Applicable, Drawings and Designs, General Rules and Instructions, General Conditions of Contract, Special conditions, Schedule (Bill) of quantities in Price Bid, and all other documents referred to in the conditions of contract and all other contents in the tender document for the work.
I/We hereby tender for the execution of the work specified for the Employer within the time specified at the rates specified in the attached Price Bid viz., schedule of quantities and in accordance in all respects with the specifications, designs drawings and instructions in writing referred to in the General Rules and Instructions, General Conditions of Contract and in all respects in accordance with, such conditions so far as applicable.
I/We agree to keep the tender open for 60 ( Sixty) days from the due date of submission thereof and not to make any modifications in its terms and conditions. A sum of Rs.3000 per branch(Rs.Three thousand per Branch) is hereby forwarded as earnest money in form of Demand Draft of ................................................................ (Name of the issuing Schedule Bank) bearing no. .......... …………and date . ...................
In the event of my / our failure to commence the work on the specified date after award I/We agree that the Bank shall without prejudice to any other right or remedy, be at liberty to forfeit the said earnest money absolutely otherwise the said earnest money shall be retained by it towards security deposit to execute all the works referred to in the tender documents upon the terms and conditions contained or referred to therein.
I/We agree that should I/We fail to deposit the full amount of initial security deposit and/or to sign the agreemnt as specified in the above memorandum/ tender , an amount equal to the amount of the earnest money mentioned in the form of invitation of tender shall be absolutely forfeited to the Employer and the same may at the option of the Employer be recovered without prejudice to any other right or remedy available in law, out of the deposit in so far as the same may extend in terms of the said bond and in the event of deficiency out of any other money due to me/us under this contract or otherwise.
I/We hereby declare that I/We treat the tender documents, drawings and other records connected with the work as secret/confidential documents and shall not communicate information/derived there from to any persons other than a person to whom I/We am /are authorised to communicate the same or use the information in any manner prejudiced to the safety of the State / the Employer.
I/We fully understand that you are not bound to accept the lowest or any tender you may receive. Shri. ________________________, Partner / Proprietor / Authorised representative of the Company, is the person authorised to negotiate commercial, technical terms & conditions &sign on behalf of the firm any Agreement, Bills & receipts for this work.
I/We agree that until a formal agreement on stamp paper is prepared and signed, this tender with your written acceptance thereof shall constitute a binding contract between us.
Dated the: ..........day of--------month of 2013
Signature of Contractor/vendor
Witness, Name & address: Full Postal Address including
Pin Code NO. & Telephone NO.
FORM OF AGREEMENT
This agreement made the _____________day of the month of ________in the year 2013 BETWEEN, Canara Bank a body corporate constituted under the Banking Companies ( Acquisition and Transfer of undertakings Act, 1970, having its Head office, at 112, J C Road, Bangalore -02 represented by its duly constituted attorney (hereinafter referred to as the Employer / Bank) on the ONE PART; and
* Shri _______________________________________S/D/o______________________________ resident of ________________________the sole proprietor of M/s______________________________________ having office at the following address ______________________________________________
* M/s. ______________________ the partnership firm having an administrative/principal office at_______________ represented by its Managing/duly authorised partner.
* M/s. _____________________ company/body corporate incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act 1956 having its registered office at the following address _______________________________, duly represented at ______________ duly represented by its constituted and authorised Managing Director, Shri___________________ and (hereinafter called the Tenderer which term shall also be called the Supplier or
the Contractor/vendor ) on the other part
WHEREAS THE Employer / Bank is desirous that certain works should be designed, supplied, installed, tested & commissioned as detailed in the notice inviting tender and their office mentioned and called for invitation to tenderers for the supply, installation and performance of such works has been accepted by the Employer on the terms and conditions as set out therein and interalia others.
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH as follows:
1. In this agreement words and expression shall have the same meanings as are respectively assigned to them in the conditions of contract hereinafter referred to.
2. The following documents not inconsistent with these presents shall be deemed to form and be read and construed as part of this agreement viz;
a) Notice inviting Tender
b) General rules and Instructions for the guidance of tenderers.
c) The Tender, Letter of Acceptance, Letters from & to the tenderer, if any, leading to and prior to acceptance letter.
d) General Conditions of contract and clauses of contract along with Annexure thereto.
e) Schedules I, II, & III consisting of Technical Specifications, Special Conditions, Questionnaire, Comprehensive AMC terms, tender drawings if any, etc.
f) Schedule of quantities including Prices and tendered amount known as Price - Bid.
g) The details submitted in technical bid, design, and such other commitments like Annual Maintenance Charges for the period mentioned shall be part of the agreement.
[Note : * Strike off whichever is not applicable ]
3. In consideration of the payments to be made by the Employer to the tenderer, the tenderer hereby covenants and agrees with the Employer to complete the works in conformity in all respects and subject to all terms and conditions/rules as mentioned in the General Conditions as also in the aforesaid documents which shall from part of this agreement.
In witness whereof the parties hereto have hereunto set their respective hands and seals the day and year first above written.
Signed, sealed and delivered by the said tenderer,______________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ to the Employer____________________in the presence of:
Signature of Tenderer (with seal)
Signature of Authorised representative
of the Employer / Accepting Authority.
Witness (Signature, Name & Address ):