Download 131.59 Kb.
|HVAC Guide Specifications|
Ductless Mini-Splits MXZ
Section 15700 – Mechanical HVAC
Capacity Range: 1.6 to 3.0 Ton Nominal
Mitsubishi Model Number: MXZ-A (wall-mount) multi split inverter heat pump series.
Variable capacity multi-zone System: MXZ2A20NA One or two zones
MXZ3A30NA Two or three zones
MXZ4A36NA Three or four zones
Part 1 – General
Part 2 – Warranty
Part 3 – Performance
3.04.2 MXZ-3A30NA [Minimum of two indoor units must be installed]
3.04.03 MXZ-4A36NA [Minimum of three indoor units must be installed]
Part 4 – Products
The indoor unit shall be fully factory assembled, wired and run tested prior to shipment. Contained within the indoor unit shall be all factory wiring, piping, control circuit board, fan, and fan motor. The unit shall have a self-diagnostic function, 3-minute restart time delay mechanism, an auto restart function, an emergency / test operation. Indoor unit shall be charged with dry air before shipment from factory.
1. The indoor unit fan shall be an assembly with a line-flow fan direct driven by a single motor.
2. The fan shall be statically and dynamically balanced and run on a motor with permanently lubricated bearing.
3. A manual adjustable guide vane shall be provided with the ability to change the horizontal airflow from side to side (left to right).
4. A integral, motorized, multi-position, vertical air sweep flow louver shall provide for uniform air distribution. Louver position shall be selectable from the remote controller
5. The indoor fan motor shall be capable of three (3) speed operation: High, Medium and Low.
1. Return air shall be filtered by means of an easily removed, washable, Catechin, Antioxidant Pre-filter and a separate Anti-allergy enzyme filter – blue bellows type.
1. The indoor unit coil shall be of nonferrous construction with smooth plate fins on copper tubing.
2. The refrigerant tubing shall have inner groves for high efficiency heat exchange.
3. All tube joints shall be brazed with phoscopper or silver alloy.
4. The coils shall be pressure tested at the factory.
5. A condensate pan and drain shall be provided under the coil.
1. The indoor unit electrical power shall be 208 / 230 volts, 1-phase, 60 hertz.
2. The system shall be equipped with A-Control – a system allowing each indoor unit to be powered and controlled directly from the outdoor unit using a 14 gauge (AWG) 3-wire connection plus ground providing both primary power and integrated , by-directional, digital control signal without additional connections.
3. The indoor units shall not have any supplemental or “back-up” electrical heating elements.
1. Each indoor unit shall be provided with a digital, wireless, remote controller to perform all input functions necessary to operate the system.
2. [OPTION] The indoor unit shall have the option of a field installed hard-wired digital remote controller.
3. The remote controller shall provide a Power On/Off switch, Mode Selector – Cool-Dry-Heat, Temperature Setting, 24 Hour Clock / Timer Control, Fan Speed Select and Auto Vane selector.
4. Operating mode for all units in the multi-zone system shall be determined by the first indoor unit to request Heat or Cool function.
5. The indoor unit shall perform Self-diagnostic Function and be equipped with Test Run switching and Check Mode switching.
6. Temperature changes shall be by 1ºF increments with a range of 61-88ºF.
7. The microprocessor located in the indoor unit shall have the capability of sensing return air temperature and indoor coil temperature, receiving and processing commands from the wireless or wired digital remote controller, providing emergency operation and controlling the outdoor unit.
8. The indoor units shall be capable of working with both single-zone or multi-zone outdoor units
8. The system shall be capable of automatically restarting, at all previous settings, when the power is restored after power interruption.
9. The digital remote controller shall control the operation of the motorized, vertical, air sweep louver for Auto (position determined by control program), Manual (four controller selectable positions) or Sweep (continuous motion). The louver shall drive to the closed position when the indoor unit is turned off.
The MXZ outdoor units shall be specifically designed to work with the MSZ family of indoor units. The units must have a fused powder coated finish in a Munsell 5Y 8/1 color. The outdoor unit shall be completely factory assembled, piped and wired. Each unit shall be run tested at the factory prior to shipment.
A. Unit Cabinet:
1. All casing and cabinet components shall be fabricated of galvanized steel, bonderized finished with an electrostatically applied, thermally fused acrylic or polyester powder coating for durable, corrosion resistant surface protection.
1. The unit shall be furnished with a direct drive, high performance propeller type fan.
2. The condenser fan motor shall be a variable speed, direct current (DC) motor and shall have permanently lubricated bearings.
3. Fan speed shall be switch automatically according to the number of operating indoor units and the compressor operating frequency.
4. The fan motor shall be mounted with vibration isolation for quiet operation.
5. The fan shall be provided with a raised guard to prevent contact with moving parts.
6. The outdoor unit shall have horizontal discharge airflow.
1. The outdoor unit coil shall be of nonferrous construction with lanced or corrugated plate fins on copper tubing.
2. The coil shall be protected with an integral guard.
3. Refrigerant flow from the outdoor unit shall be independently controlled by means of individual electronic linear expansion valves for each indoor unit.
1. The compressor motor shall be direct current (DC) type designed for variable speed operation.
2. The compressor shall be a high performance, hermetic, inverter driven, variable speed, rotary type.
3. The outdoor unit shall be equipped with a suction side refrigerant accumulator.
4. The compressor will be equipped with an internal thermal overload.
5. The compressor shall be mounted to avoid the transmission of vibration.
The outdoor unit shall have manifold connections providing a separate set of flared fittings for each indoor unit per the table below:
[Some indoor unit combinations may require port adaptors for proper connection]
F. Piping Requirements:
The outdoor unit must have the ability to operate within the following refrigerant piping and height limitations without the need for line size changes, traps or additional oil.
1. The unit electrical power shall be 208/230 volts, 1-phase, 60 hertz.
2. The unit shall be capable of satisfactory operation within voltage limits of 198 volts to 253 volts.
3. The outdoor unit shall be controlled by the microprocessors located in the indoor unit and in the outdoor unit communicating system status, operation, and instructions digitally over A-Control wiring.
4. The outdoor unit shall be equipped with Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM) compressor inverter drive control for maximum efficiency with minimum power consumption.
Mr. Slim MXZ Series Guide Specification ©Dec 2007 Mitsubishi Electric / HVAC