Download 0.51 Mb.
SmartVision2 User Guide
Box content 4
SmartVision2 Overview 5
Getting started 7
Controle modes 9
Notification shade 25
Book reader 27
Colors detection 35
FM Radio 39
Light detection 47
Play Musique 60
Play Store 61
Voice recorder 67
Web radio 68
Technical specifications 83
Legal notice and warranty 84
About this document 87
Read before first use
Please read these instructions carefully for a safer and better use of your SmartVision2.
· Descriptions given in this document are based on the default settings of your device.
· Depending on your location, network operator or device software characteristics, some contents may differ from your device.
· High-quality contents requiring intensive usage of the processing unit and memory may affect the overall performance of the device. Applications related to these contents may not function properly depending on the device characteristics and conditions of use.
· KAPSYS declines any responsibility in regards to the performance of third party applications downloaded from the Google Play Store.
· Data services such as sending or receiving messages, uploading or downloading data, automatic synchronization or use of location services may incur additional costs, depending on your operating network subscription. For large data transfers, it is recommended to use Wi-Fi.
· The applications provided by default with this device may change or no longer be available without notice.
· The information published in this document is subject to change without notice. KAPSYS reserves the right to modify the contents of this document without obligation to notify any person or entity whatsoever. KAPSYS assumes no responsibility for technical or editorial errors, omissions in this manual, or for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the performance or use of this document.
· KAPSYS strives to continuously improve the quality and functionality of this product. Consequently, KAPSYS encourages you to visit its website (www.kapsys.com) to obtain the latest documentary updates concerning the use and operation of this product.
· The product meets all the legal CE requirements for residential or commercial use.
How to read this document
This user guide describes the main functions of SmartVision2 and its different operating modes. The description of the functions is generic, and does not take into account the specificities related to advanced accessibility features.
These advanced accessibility features (enabled by default on the product) are described in detail in the "Accessibility" section.
End of chapter
SmartVision2 box contains:
· a Battery
· a Wall charger 220/110 Volts – 5 Volts USB
· a USB cable (C-type)
· Stereo headphones with microphone
· a Protective case
· a Neck strap
· 3 NFC tags
· a Quick User Guide
The list of accessories may vary depending on country, configuration or product version.
The supplied accessories have been specially designed for your device and may not work with other devices.
The appearance and characteristics of the product and accessories are subject to change without notice.
Use only approved accessories KAPSYS. The use of unauthorized accessories may result in performance issues, malfunctions and will not be covered by KAPSYS warranty.
End of chapter
SmartVision2 is a smartphone specifically developed for blinds and visually impaired people. It incorporates various accessibility and ergonomic features, which facilitate its handling and the overall access to smartphones universe.
It is the only smartphone providing a triple mode of control thanks to its touchscreen, physical keyboard and voice command system (voice synthesis and recognition).
Below is a detailed description of the SmartVision2 hardware.
The front face of the SmartVision2 is separated into two distinctive parts: a touchscreen and a physical keyboard.
The touchscreen of 4 inches is on the top part of the smartphone. The loud speaker and the 2M pixel front camera for video calls are located on the top part of the touchscreen.
At the lower part, you will find a physical keyboard composed with two separate parts.
The first part of the keyboard, located right underneath the screen, is the navigation pad, which is easy to identify thanks to its multidirectional panel allowing to perform actions of movement and to validate actions with a “OK” button in the center.
On the left of the multidirectional panel, you will find the “home” and “menu” Android keys, which are respectively located one above the other and are separated from a horizontal bar. On the right of the multidirectional panel, you will find the “return” Android key and a “delete” key, which are respectively located one above the other and are also separated from a horizontal bar.
On each side of the navigation pad, you will find a call “pick-up” key and a call “release” key. The call “pick-up” key is on the left end and has three vertical raised dots. The call “release” key is on the right end and has three horizontal raised dots.
The second part of the keyboard is the alphanumeric keypad composed with 12 keys (4 lines of 3 keys)
· 1st line: 1, 2, 3 keys
· 2nd line: 4, 5, 6 keys
· 3rd line: 7, 8, 9 keys
· 4th line: star, 0, pound keys
To help with keys locations, an ergonomic raised dot is present on the 5 key.
The detailed description of the key functions is available in the "Keyboard mode" section of the chapter "Control modes".
The On/Off button is located on the right of the upper side of the SmartVision2.
On the right side of the SmartVision2, the first button is the voice command button.
Below are the up and down volume keys.
From left to right:
· The 3.5 audio jack to connect the headphones
· The main speaker
· The place for the neck strap (provided in the box)
· The USB connector to plug the C type USB cable and to charge the SmartVision2 (provided in the box).
At the top of the rear face is the 8-mega pixel camera and two LEDs located each side of the camera.
Just below the camera lens is the SOS button of the SmartVision2.
The back cover of SmartVision2 is fully removable and provides access to the battery, the SIM card and the micro SD card.
End of chapter
Insert your SIM card
SmartVision2 is only compatible with Nano SIM cards (4FF format).
To insert the SIM card, flip the phone over, locate the notch on the bottom left corner, and lift the back cover. The SIM card connector is on the right of the SOS button. To install the SIM card, the chip should face down and the beveled corner should be placed at the top left. Slide the SIM card upward in its slot.
Good to know: the external Micro-SD memory slot is just above the SIM card connector.
Insert the battery
Once the back cover is removed, insert the battery in its compartment by placing the edge with the charging pads first. Then clip the bottom of the battery.
Replace the back of the phone by first engaging the upper part. Clip firmly to close the phone.
Charging the battery
For the very first use, we recommend charging the battery for at least 4 hours. Afterwards, you will recharge the battery depending on your use and the discharge of the battery.
To charge the battery, you will need the USB cable and AC adaptor supplied with the SmartVision2. First, use the USB cable to connect the SmartVision2 port to the AC adaptor, then plug the AC adaptor into an outlet. You can also charge the product by connecting the USB cable directly to your computer.
Caution: sole the battery, USB cable, AC adaptor and wall charger supplied by KAPSYS are to be used. The use of unprovided accessories may cause damage and will invalidate KAPSYS warranty.
Turn your phone on/ off
To turn your SmartVision2 on, press and hold the On/Off button located on the top edge. When SmartVison2 vibrates, release the button.
If it does not turn on, please check if the battery has been properly installed. If necessary, repeat the battery installation procedure.
To turn your device off, press and hold the On/Off button to display the "Main Menu" then select "Power Off" and confirm the action. A short vibration is issued when SmartVision2 is turned off.
The "Main Menu" screen also offers shortcuts for “Kapsys Accessibility Service” activation, “Screen On/Off” to save battery power, “Color inversion” to change color contrast for certain visibility disorders. For further information on these different modes, refer to the “Accessibility” chapters.
When SmartVision2 is turned on, briefly press the On/Off button to switch the device to standby mode or wake it up (operational mode).
In standby mode, the screen is off but the functions remain active. You can still receive calls, messages, emails or navigation instructions using the Kapten application.
Good to know: by default, after one minute of inactivity the product automatically goes to standby mode to save battery power.
Quick settings at launch
When you first start your SmartVision2, a series of screens let you set up your smartphone quickly.
Step 1: Language selection
Use the navigation arrows to select your language and press the "OK" key.
A confirmation message is then voiced in the selected language. Confirm your choice by selecting "OK" or select "Cancel" to return a screen back.
Step 2: Enabling Accessibility
Select "OK" to activate the KAPSYS accessibility service and all the vocalization features of the screens.
Select "Cancel" to start the phone without accessibility.
Step 3: Select profile
Use the arrows to select your profile:
Blind: Accessibility settings will be configured to meet the needs of blind people.
Low Vision: KAPSYS accessibility settings will be configured to meet the needs of visually impaired people.
When this last step is completed, the SmartVision2 starts up normally and the screen to select the PIN code of your SIM card appears.
Unlock your SIM card
You SIM card is supplied by your operator with a 4-digit identification code called a PIN code. This code allows you to protect your SIM card against possible fraudulent use. To unlock the SIM card and access all the SmartVision2 functions, enter your PIN code and press "OK".
For confidentiality reasons, the vocalization of the SmartVision2 will only work using your headphones when entering the PIN code of your SIM card.
End of chapter
SmartVision2 offers 3 control modes: a keyboard mode, a touchscreen mode, and a vocal recognition mode.
The keyboard mode is the main control mode of SmartVision2. It allows you to navigate through the phone and launch apps using short and long press on the keyboard.
To familiarize yourself with the keys positioning, please refer to the chapter “SmartVision2 Overview”.
Below is the list of the various actions you can do with the physical keyboard:
Turn your phone On/ Off
Good to know: The "Main Menu" screen also provides direct access to other options:
· Kapsys Accessibility Service: allows you to enable or disable Kapsys Accessibility Service (Vocal synthesis, Explore by touch, keyboard shortcuts, etc.)
· Screen On/ Off: allows you to turn the screen of SmartVision2 in black during use to save the battery and protect your privacy data
· Color inversion: allows to switch color values of the screen. For example, black text on a white screen becomes white text on a black screen
To save the battery power, SmartVision2 goes automatically to standby mode after 1 minute of inactivity. In this mode, the screen is off but the functions remain active. You can still receive calls, messages, emails, etc.
Good to know: You can set the delay after which the screen automatically goes into standby mode. This option can be found in the phone settings in the "Display" section and then "Sleep".